Years ago, we all used to throw everything we needed into a suitcase for a trip halfway around the world, but times are changing, and we need to adapt to them. When you choose to travel now, there are normally fees for luggage, size restrictions for carry-on bags, and the ever-so-sometimes frustrating placing small bottles filled with liquids into a quart-sized Ziploc baggie. It can be enough to want to skip traveling altogether or simply choose destinations that you can drive to.
Of course, then you add in the new Coronavirus, or what is now being called COVID-19, and you have even more to worry about when you want to see different parts of the world. Thankfully, there will be a light at the end of this horrendous tunnel we are all going through at the moment, and there will be a time when we can all travel anywhere we want once again.
When that time comes, you will need to know exactly what you need to pack in what is being considered the new travel bag.
What to Pack in the New Travel Bag
· A Ziploc bag filled with small bottles (3.4 ounces or less) of lotions, shampoos, conditioners, body wash, and mouthwash. It is important to note that this bag will need to be removed from your carry-on, so the TSA can scan it and look for any irregularities.
· Disinfecting wipes – These can be used to wipe down anything you are planning to touch in hotel rooms and airports.
· Hand sanitizer – You can pack a larger container in your checked bag, but a smaller container that is 3.4 ounces or less can be placed inside the Ziploc bag mentioned above. You can use this hand sanitizer to keep your hands clean when you do not have access to soap and water.
· All your medications – It is nothing new that you should pack all your medications in your carry-on bag, but this is especially true in this day and age of travel. This will ensure that none of your medication comes up missing and that you have it when you need it the most if your flight is canceled or delayed. It is best to keep these medications in their regular prescription containers, so the TSA knows what the medication is and who it was prescribed for. It is also important to note that if your medication includes a needle, you must place it in a Ziploc bag and have it scanned right next to the bag filled with your liquids.
· A change of clothes – An extra set of clothes can always come in handy when you are traveling nowadays. While you never would have thought about packing clothes in your carry-on before, today’s travel delays make it your best bet for survival.
· Healthy snacks – While you can’t take any drinks through the security line at airports anymore, you can still pack a few healthy snacks in your carry-on bag. Fresh fruit is normally not allowed to cross over into other countries, but you can pack granola bars, dried fruit, and other healthy options to keep you well-fed throughout your travels.
The items mentioned above are in addition to all the other things you used to pack in your travel bag for the airplane. Those items include a good book, sleep mask, magazines, travel pillow, a small blanket, charging cords, and any important paperwork you need for your travels. You can also still pack everything you used to into your regular luggage, but only if you still check a bag when you fly for your vacation.
As you can see, there is no need to panic when you are taking a vacation, because a little pre-planning can keep you healthy and safe during the time you are away from home.
COPYRIGHT © ELITE TRAVEL JOURNEYS 2021
TERMS And CONDITIONS
Elite Travel Journeys, Inc. is registered with the state of California as a Seller of Travel - Registration #: 2143950-40
Elite Travel Journeys, Inc. is registered with the state of Florida as a Seller of Travel. Registration No. ST43207